NEW DELHI: As world opinion gravitates against China because of its mishandling of the Chinese virus, noted China analyst Gordon G Chang is of the firm opinion that China must be held accountable. “The reason Chinese leaders should be deterred is because the Coronavirus is not the last pathogen that will be generated on Chinese soil and you have got to make sure Chinese leaders don’t maliciously spread it again,” he told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale in an exclusive interview. But how does the world hold China to account? There are several ways, as Chang says: seize China’s assets, get factories off Chinese soil and scale down diplomatic ties. There’s something wrong with the Chinese political system but there’s no doubt that Xi Jinping is under pressure, so the world better watch out. As should India, given the heightened Chinese aggression (along the LAC), he says.
Nitin A. Gokhale
Film buff. Sports enthusiast. Keen observer of life. Writes for a living; analyses defence and foreign policy as a professional. 37 years in journalism: from print to broadcast and from web to social media, have had the opportunity to dabble across mediums. Love to experiment with startups. That’s me, Nitin Anant Gokhale.
- India-U.S. Ties: Continuity Or Change?
- Biden Takes Over Deeply Divided Nation, Has Too Many Challenges Abroad
- Effusive Praise For India As Covid Vaccines Arrive In Bhutan, Maldives
- Free, Secure Indo-Pacific ‘Article Of Faith’, Says India, Seeks Partners In Japan & France
- Beginning Tomorrow, Made In India Covid Vaccines to Reach Neighbourhood First