NEW DELHI: Over a year and counting! That describes the standoff between India and China along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh. Disengagement from the north and south banks of the Pangong Lake took place in February after the ninth round of talks between the Corps Commanders of both sides. On Saturday, they met for the 12th round of talks, which both sides say âenhanced mutual understandingâ. In this episode of âThe Gistâ, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale and Lt Gen. Sanjay Kulkarni (Retd), former CoS, 14 Corps, discuss the prickly issues that remain, the road ahead and implications for bilateral ties.
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Canât Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff