DHARAMSHALA: A backchannel dialogue is underway between the Dalai Lama’s representatives and China. It’s too early to say how it will pan out, said Penpa Tsering, Sikyong of the Central Tibetan Administration in Dharmsala. Speaking on The Gist, he said the Dalai Lama is clear about autonomy for Tibet under Chinese rule, but what China has in mind is not clear. The Tibetans have been trying for some years to bring other ethnic minorities like the Uyghurs on a common platform to engage China but that is a work in progress. Tune in for more in this conversation with Sikyong Penpa Tsering.
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis
- G20 Is The New G7, Says Jaishankar, Wants An Indian Global Narrative