New Delhi: Prof. Bhaskar Ramamurthi, Director, IIT Madras discusses India’s 5G trials, why security concerns are so high for the next generation of telecom and the necessity to keep China out of critical infrastructure. In conversation with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi, the Former Chairman, Telecom Standards Development Society, India(TSDSI) also analyses whether companies like Huawei and ZTE have any leverage because of the software and hardware they possess and their state-subsidised ‘competitive pricing’, India’s strengths and weaknesses, global standards, indigenisation, rural connectivity and when 5G services will realistically be available in the country.
- China Is An enemy, It Wants To Break Apart India: Gordon Chang
- ‘To Draw Investment, Sri Lanka Needs To Send The Right Signals’
- Election Of Hardline Iran President May Not Kill Nuclear Deal
- ‘China May Not Provoke Conflict But Will Strike If Opportunity Presents’
- ‘India Should Not Hold Back From Talking To Nato’