NEW DELHI: The war in Ukraine has offered many lessons, both military and otherwise. The scope and speed of the sanctions imposed by the West on Russia has caught China unawares, says former Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale. Speaking to StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, the former diplomat and China watcher was of the view that the Chinese are carefully studying the implications of the sanctions on the Russian economy to identify the vulnerabilities in the Chinese economy so as to pre-empt any such future western move against China. Tune in to the interview for more.
- ‘Pakistan’s Self-Made Crisis Won’t End Anytime Soon’
- Maldives Gets Its Next President But Too Many Ifs Lie Ahead
- ‘Canada Is Not Alone In Challenging India, It Has Powerful Friends’
- Taiwan’s Indigenously Developed Submarine: Haikun
- Muizzu’s Win, Solih’s Loss: Ramifications For India, China In Maldives