NEW DELHI: The war in Ukraine has offered many lessons, both military and otherwise. The scope and speed of the sanctions imposed by the West on Russia has caught China unawares, says former Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale. Speaking to StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale, the former diplomat and China watcher was of the view that the Chinese are carefully studying the implications of the sanctions on the Russian economy to identify the vulnerabilities in the Chinese economy so as to pre-empt any such future western move against China. Tune in to the interview for more.
- “‘Technical’ Mission Logical Step; Visas, Consular Services, Channels To Opposition Key To Strategy”
- Terrorism- Pakistan’s Proxy War In Jammu And Kashmir
- G-7 Summit: More Pressure On Russia, BRI Rival Plans & India’s Role In Global Energy, Food Security
- No Thaw, India In China’s Adversarial Crosshairs
- ‘Civil Conflict In Myanmar Has Deepened Uncertainties Over Kaladan Project’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff