NEW DELHI: China’s ‘Wolf Warriors’ are known worldwide as its civilian army, but how does the Chinese Communist Party aggressively weaponise and churn out false narratives, fake news, disinformation and misinformation, how successful is Beijing and what can be done to foil it? On ‘The Gist’, Dr. Puma Shen, Chairman of Doublethink Lab in Taiwan, discusses its latest ‘Deafening Whispers’ report, in which researchers analysed thousands of online posts from mid-2019 to mid-2020 to trace how content from Beijing-backed actors pushed a certain narrative. The Assistant Professor at the National Taipei University is in conversation with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi.
- India, The World’s ‘Peacekeeper’
- ‘India Cannot Trust Pak Or China, Should Not Vacate Saltoro Ridge’
- ”China’s Ambitions In Space Are Driven By The Need To Dominate, Marginalise Rivals”
- [email protected]: Irrelevant, Irreplaceable or Reformable ?
- Mapping The Past & Present To Anticipate A Better Future: Authors Of ‘Terra Incognita’