NEW DELHI: March 10, 1959 is marked as a day that changed Tibet’s history as the Chinese Communist Party’s(CCP) People’s Liberation Army cracked down on an uprising, killing and imprisoning hundreds of thousands of Tibetans. On ‘Talking Point’, China and Tibet Specialist, Claude Arpi, the Author of four volumes on Tibet-India relations 1947-1962 and Dorjee Tseten, Member of the Tibetan Parliament in Exile and Executive Director of Students for a Free Tibet discuss the occupation and repression in Tibet, Indian and U.S. stands, the ‘One China’ policy, the Dalai Lama, the CCP’s strategic projects for the next five-year-plan, Tibet’s Gen Next and the Central Tibetan Administration(Government-in-exile) elections. The panellists are in conversation with StratNews Global Associate Editor Amitabh P. Revi.
- China Is An enemy, It Wants To Break Apart India: Gordon Chang
- ‘To Draw Investment, Sri Lanka Needs To Send The Right Signals’
- Election Of Hardline Iran President May Not Kill Nuclear Deal
- ‘China May Not Provoke Conflict But Will Strike If Opportunity Presents’
- ‘India Should Not Hold Back From Talking To Nato’