A few weeks ago, the Nifty-50 scaled the peak of 20,000 for the first time ever. To be sure since then the index has dropped back below this level. While the record peak was impressive, more significant was the underlying message of the index which has evolved as the bellwether of the Indian economy. Not surprisingly the Nifty-50 is the benchmark index used by investors, domestic and foreign. The index which includes a very diversified set of 50 stocks, reflects the rapidly evolving New India story. To unpack the implications we spoke to Srinivas Jain, Executive Director, and Head of Strategy, SBI Mutual Fund.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way