The European Union did it the other day, the heads of 28 member states holding a videoconference in times of the Coronavirus. Now it’s the turn of Bangladesh and India, with Prime Ministers Sheikh Hasina and Narendra Modi scheduled to inaugurate the centenary celebrations of late Sheikh Mujibur Rehman, founder father of Bangladesh, on March 17. The word is India plans to gift Bangladesh 150 ambulances on that day, symbolising Indiaâ€™s humanitarian outreach to its eastern neighbour. Whether that or Modi’s outreach via videoconference will serve as balm for Bangladeshis upset with India’s CAA and NRC may not need microscopic examination.
- ‘Japan Feels Militarily And Economically Threatened By China’
- Afghanistan Focus, Maritime Security, Counter Terrorism & Peacekeeping Signature Events at UNSC
- Taliban Shouldnâ€™t Amplify Pakistani Propaganda On Indian â€˜Air Supportâ€™: Former Envoy
- Sri Lanka Road Map To Bridge â€˜Trust Deficitâ€™ With India
- Abrupt U.S. Policy Shifts Disconcerts Allies And Friends