The European Union did it the other day, the heads of 28 member states holding a videoconference in times of the Coronavirus. Now it’s the turn of Bangladesh and India, with Prime Ministers Sheikh Hasina and Narendra Modi scheduled to inaugurate the centenary celebrations of late Sheikh Mujibur Rehman, founder father of Bangladesh, on March 17. The word is India plans to gift Bangladesh 150 ambulances on that day, symbolising India’s humanitarian outreach to its eastern neighbour. Whether that or Modi’s outreach via videoconference will serve as balm for Bangladeshis upset with India’s CAA and NRC may not need microscopic examination.
- India Seeks Early Delivery Of First S-400 Air Defence System
- Ghani Warns Of ‘Severe Consequences’ Of Interim Setup
- Vaccines & Variants: The Beginning Of The End Or The End Of The Beginning?
- Kashmir Won’t Become An Obstacle: Former Foreign Secy Nirupama Menon Rao
- Ties With India Have Matured But… : Bangladesh Minister Shahriar Alam