Is Iran Trying To Make Up With India After Having Cosied Up To China Recently? First, it quietly renewed the lease for India to run Chabahar port by another year. Now it has reportedly come forward to share intelligence on Pakistan and Afghanistan. StratNews Global has learnt that in recent weeks, Iran’s top intelligence czar has offered to keep a watch on anti-India activities in Afghanistan and provide intelligence inputs on Pakistan, particularly from its restive Balochistan province. Iran’s intelligence agencies, controlled by the Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS), have extensive networks across the region, more particularly along its eastern borders. Given that India has high stakes in Afghanistan and is working jointly with Iran to develop the Chabahar port, intelligence cooperation between the two countries will certainly help protect India’s interests in the area.
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”
- “Not One Security Incident Directed At India’s Diplomats, Afghanistan Not A Playground For Powers”