The Department of Telecom’s announcement of 4G auctions early in the new year appear to have revived dormant sentiments in the telecom industry. There is a view that if 5G spectrum auctions go ahead (assuming the price issue is resolved), it would be possible to install a 5G network in urban India within about 18 months. Most of the key telecom players in India (Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung) are already installing and running 5G networks in other parts of the world. Reliance Jio has come out with an indigenous 5G solution which it wants to test as and when the government clears 5G equipment trials.
- China Is An enemy, It Wants To Break Apart India: Gordon Chang
- ‘To Draw Investment, Sri Lanka Needs To Send The Right Signals’
- Election Of Hardline Iran President May Not Kill Nuclear Deal
- ‘China May Not Provoke Conflict But Will Strike If Opportunity Presents’
- ‘India Should Not Hold Back From Talking To Nato’