The Department of Telecom’s announcement of 4G auctions early in the new year appear to have revived dormant sentiments in the telecom industry. There is a view that if 5G spectrum auctions go ahead (assuming the price issue is resolved), it would be possible to install a 5G network in urban India within about 18 months. Most of the key telecom players in India (Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung) are already installing and running 5G networks in other parts of the world. Reliance Jio has come out with an indigenous 5G solution which it wants to test as and when the government clears 5G equipment trials.
- A Guide To Contemporary China
- Central Asia Turning Point: Russia-Ukraine War, China Footprint, India Partnership, Afghanistan Flux
- ‘Indian Economy Very Resilient, Can Grow At 9% This Fiscal’
- Labour Victory In Australia Could See Re-balance In Favour Of China
- ‘Next 12 Months Will Be Very Turbulent For The World Economy’
- Russian Energy Calculus And The Western Duplicity
- ‘Western Imagination Failure That Russia Wanted To Finish Ops In Days, Change Ukraine Government’
- Should India Buy Heavily Discounted Russian Oil, Energy Assets Of Exiting Western Companies?
- Expect Full-Throttle Pushback By Russia & China Against Quad: Vijay Gokhale
- Can’t Follow LAC Protocols Selectively: Army Chief On India-China Standoff