The Department of Telecom’s announcement of 4G auctions early in the new year appear to have revived dormant sentiments in the telecom industry. There is a view that if 5G spectrum auctions go ahead (assuming the price issue is resolved), it would be possible to install a 5G network in urban India within about 18 months. Most of the key telecom players in India (Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung) are already installing and running 5G networks in other parts of the world. Reliance Jio has come out with an indigenous 5G solution which it wants to test as and when the government clears 5G equipment trials.
September 24, 2021
September 23, 2021
- Quad, AUKUS And Bilateral Complementarities In Countering China
- Modi’s U.S Visit: Afghanistan, Nuclear ‘Sub’-Text & A Lot More
- ‘U.S. Shouldn’t Turn A Blind Eye To Pak-backed Khalistanis, It Could Affect China Confrontation’
- ‘QUAD Rotors Are In Place, Time For Liftoff’
- Victory Is Sweet But Trudeau Remains In Minority