BENGALURU:On the sidelines of Aero India 2021 that concluded last week, India’s Defence Ministry hosted a conclave of defence ministers of countries in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) that saw the participation of over two dozen nations. Among the attendees was Richard Rakotonirina, the Defence Minister of Madagascar. “We consider IOR as a crucial geopolitical area for economy, commerce, cultural exchanges,” he told StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale in an exclusive interview, adding that it’s “vital to maintain the region as a zone of peace and prosperity”.
- A Home Grown Tech Stack Together With A Geopolitical Reset Is Favouring An Indian Decade
- ‘The Ukraine War Could Grind On, It’s Hard To Predict A Result’
- Security Czars Of India, Central Asian Countries Talk Terrorism, Connectivity
- India Calls Out European Double Standards Again As West’s Russia Oil Price Cap Kicks In
- The Fallout Of The G7’s Price Cap On Russian Oil
- ‘Pakistan’s Manipulation Of The Pashtuns Maybe Coming To An End’
- Identity, Islam, Imran & India: Pakistan’s Long March To…?
- Pak’s Next Army Chief Could Be ‘Straight Arrow’ Asim Munir To Tame Imran
- ‘We Are Getting Hammered For Hambantota, Directly Or Indirectly’
- “Those Trying To Sabotage Afghan-India Ties Won’t Achieve Goal, Taliban Not Controlled By Anyone”