NEW DELHI: The Chinese salami slicing tactic isn’t limited to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) about whose alignment India and China have differing perceptions. China has been trying the trick with some amount of success in the tiny nation of Bhutan as well. Both sides have been in talks to settle the boundary but even in areas that are not disputed and have for years been recognised as Bhutanese territory, the Chinese have been chipping away. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale discusses the Chinese sinister moves with Tibet and China specialist Claude Arpi.
- ‘The Next Stop Is About India’s Journey To Natural Gas’
- Grants Vs Loans: ‘Developed Nations’ Aid To Developing In $100 Bn Fund Needs Significant Rise’
- ‘Jagmeet Factor’ Could Be Key To Canada’s Election
- It Is Black Or White, Polluters Have To Pay More: Former Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
- Insurgencies & India’s Northeast