NEW DELHI: The Chinese salami slicing tactic isn’t limited to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) about whose alignment India and China have differing perceptions. China has been trying the trick with some amount of success in the tiny nation of Bhutan as well. Both sides have been in talks to settle the boundary but even in areas that are not disputed and have for years been recognised as Bhutanese territory, the Chinese have been chipping away. In this episode of ‘The Gist’, StratNews Global Editor-in-Chief Nitin A. Gokhale discusses the Chinese sinister moves with Tibet and China specialist Claude Arpi.
- As US Leads Allies In Making Up With China, India Weighs Its Options
- Critical And Emerging Tech To Drive India-US Ties In Coming Decade
- Nepal’s Ruling Coalition Holds For Now, But Cracks Visible
- ‘An Indian Narrative On Climate Change Is Urgently Needed’
- Indian Navy’s Engagement In IOR & Indo-Pacific, The TIDES Way