NEW DELHI: China is using the Wuhan coronavirus in the same way it used its economic heft for geopolitical gain. Today, the world is reaching out to China for help even though it is responsible for the pandemic sweeping the world, says Arun K Singh, India’s former ambassador to the US and Israel. In an exclusive chat with Surya Gangadharan on StratNews Global’s flagship Talking Point show, he said an inward looking America under Donald Trump and its incoherent response to the coronavirus, stands in sharp contrast to Beijing’s aggression. With globalisation now in disarray, India will have to tread carefully with friends and allies while shoring up its strategic game against China.
Thirty eight years in journalism, widely travelled, history buff with a preference for Old Monk Rum. Current interest/focus spans China, Technology and Trade. Recent reads: Steven Colls Directorate S and Alexander Frater's Chasing the Monsoon. Netflix/Prime video junkie. Loves animal videos on Facebook. Reluctant tweeter.
- A Peace Nobel Winner Never At Peace With The World
- Why Indigenous Technology Must Form The Core Of India’s National Security Strategy
- China Challenge: ‘India’s Geopolitics Should Be Threat-Based’
- Nepal’s Pro-King, Pro-Hindu Rallies Mask Deepening Economic Crisis
- G20 Is The New G7, Says Jaishankar, Wants An Indian Global Narrative